General Surgery


May 14 Monday
So today was my first day in general surgery and to be honest it was kind of lame, I had heard that the surgeons were pretty cold and not the best but they just straight up ignored us, so different then María José. I like tried to introduce myself and she just walked right by me and ignored me so that was pretty gay and the surgeries were pretty boring, one they took out a tumor on the colon which was decently cool and the other was like cutting a ingrown hair out of this girls butt pretty lame but hey hopefully tomorrow is better but it was nice cause I was with Ashlee so I got to know her better and hang out with her. Then we got out early and I came back and made a sandwich and took a long nap cause I didn’t sleep well it was nice also being able to have a relaxing day after a crazy weekend and then me and Jake went and did laundry and talked with Jake just about everything haha it was fun then we met up with everyone and went to dinner at a really good Italian restaurant it hit the spot! Then we went back to the hotel and planned our trip to San Sebastián. The next day general surgery was better than the first day, but it was just consultas so nothing to crazy but at least the doctor talked to me. I went with the director dr Aguilella and he was really nice, we were busy but it was good. I saw lots of butt holes which was alright haha he said it’s weird cause he usually deals more with tumors but today just turned out that way and it was gross two guys had these huge skin tags all around their butt holes so I mean hey you can get rid of those but whatever haha. Then this lady came in with a huge hernia and was crying and going cray so he was like having to yell at her it was interesting! Then it was the missionaries pday and I know Alejandra so we all went to lunch and got kebab and talked it was so fun and weird to talk to her again like our positions have changed last time I saw her I was a missionary and she was normal and now it’s opposite but yeah it was fun! She said she’s going to Utah to study English and that’s cool! Then we went to this big huge park here in the city that was super cool then I came back to the apartment and took a little nap then I watched a little Netflix and we all met up for dinner and it was such a good dinner! I had this huge rib it was great haha then we came back to the hotel and then we all just played the game bang but they all killed me quick haha so then Jake was having girl drama that we had to fix then we went up to bed and I slept a little better.


Wednesday in the hospital was good, we were in the surgery room and there was this guy with a huge hernia and I got to see them do the anesthesia and at the same time it was cool cause María José the ent was doing a eustacian tube surgery so I kind of went back and forth, for the one dude they cut open like his entire chest and took awhile burning stuff then they pulled out the intestine with a fat tumor and cut that off and then to make sure everything was good they just like take out his whole intestines and that was weird to see and see them just shove them back in then they sewed the muscle layer together and put in a net to help it stay strong and then in the ent surgery they took out his Malus and stapes so those were really cool to see! And she is just great cause she explains everything! Then we went to lunch with the member family from the FHE Monica and the missionaries were there it was good I got so full from the fried chicken and they shared a good message and the hermana shared a good testimony it was so cool!:) then we went back and I took a tiny nap and then watched a little tv and then we all went to dinner it was an alright dinner then came back and we played bang and I won as the Sherriff then I watched so narcos and me and Jake planned out a trip to Colombia!



Thursday was awesome we had our excursion so we drove like an hour north to pick up another group of Atlantis students which was cool to meet more and one was from licktinstien so that was cool and they had some cute girls it was just cool seeing some new faces and hanging out then we drove to alquezar which is like this Pueblo in the mountains with a cool castle on a hill and an awesome hike with super blue water! It was awesome we took lots of pictures and walked around the city then we went on the hike and it was super cool saw lots of good climbing spots. We stopped and walked through the water cause it’s so clear with white stone under it so it looks so blue like the Caribbean then we had lunch next to the water and continued the hike and we found this dope waterfall with a bunch of boulders and Inma let us go swim around so that was super fun and I loved it! Then we finished up the hike and got ice cream and just chilled and explored the city it was super nice. Then we drove back to Zaragoza then we got back and had a quick snap and then we chilled and went to go get tapas and it was nice to see cause everyone goes and gets tapas on Thursdays then we got ice cream and went to the hotel and played games.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life of a Global Health Intern

San Sebastian

You are the Gift