Neurophysiology


May 28 Monday
So today I started in neurophysiology in the hospital and it’s pretty cool definitely second favorite unit after ent but yeah it’s cool we test like hoe the nerves and neurons in the brain are reacting doing a eep test and I mean it’s kinda cool but the people that work there are awesome they are all so nice and want to help me like they are so inviting especially the doctor Diego he is great he’s so funny, he’s from Venezuela but his parents are both Spanish but he claims to be Venezuelan because he grew up there and he’s super cool and like he is like this one nurse she’s crazy and he has problems with everyone she’s a motherfer and wanna know her problem? It’s cause she’s a woman haha it’s super funny he loves calling people mother fers so he keeps it entertaining and keeps me involved so it’s nice but then this lady came in like so beat up like in the movies just eyes purple cuts everywhere and it was sad but she didn’t want to tell the doctor what happened like she said she forget then she said she was walking in the street and she feel like no way unless you fall from
The like fifth story you’re not going to look like that so he called her a motherfing liar to me haha but yeah so it was an interesting day then after it was the hermanas pday so we got lunch and were at the park so that was fun to see Alejandra again but then as I was leaving it started pouring rain and so got drenched and finally got back to the apartment and took a nap cause I was soooo tired then I woke up and felt great and we went to dinner all together and that was fun it was yummy but I was so full! I went to bed but I was going to wake up to watch the rockets warriors game but I didn’t wake up to my alarm which is alright cause sadly rockets lost...


Tuesday was pretty normal at the hospital nothing to crazy happened just met a resident student named Esther and she was pretty cool we worked with Javi a lot today doing eeg’s but Also did some work with Diego and it was fun talking to beda the Dominican cause she’s super nice and similar to Americans so it was fun and it was cool cause like during lunch we were all eating together and they all started asking me questions about the church so it was cool explaining but nervous cause like there are 11 of them all just listening to me and it was cool I got to teach some principles from the first lesson like Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon it was great and beda had been to our church in the Dominican Republic with a friend so that was cool! A good missionary experience but Diego kept making jokes about Joseph Smith he doesn’t really like religion. But yeah then after work I met up with the Hermanas for the last time and we got kebab so that was fun sad to say bye they were good missionaries! Then after that I went home and took a nap then we went out to dinner to the pizza place Laura had shown me and it was super good everyone liked it a lot! So that was really fun then we got ice cream and just talked then we headed back to the apartment and just kind of hung out all together


At the hospital on Wednesday it was good it went by pretty quick with all the doctors we had a good time and after the hospital we all went and got Cuban food and it was super good then we went back and took a nap then at night I went and hung out with Laura and valeria and Igor it was super cool cause we were all from different countries Brazil colombia Dominican Republic and the states so that was pretty cool! We just went to this Mexican restaurant and it was super fun! We all get along super well so it was fun talking and just hanging out


Thursday was my last day in the hospital so that was sad and I was super tired cause I didn’t sleep well the night before but it was a good day I love the people in neuro we all get along super well like it’s definitely the most fun unit! And there was another resident student today Dominican so that was fun talking to her and ester the other resident did a presentation in the morning and besides that we just had normal appointments but a cute little black baby came in he was so cute! Then at lunch it was fun but they were all making fun of me saying I was out partying all night and that the Dominican is gonna come visit me in us haha just stupid stuff but it was all fun then I talked to one of the nurses from Venezuela because I love that place! And I got pics with everyone before I left and it was all a good time then the last patient we saw was in the icu and she was like spasming and the doctors there didn’t know what to do they were like super dumb! So like we came in and basically saved her from losing her mind by giving her medicine to stop it and it was just crazy. Then after the hospital we all met up and went and got Italian food so that was yummy then we went back to the hotel and I packed my bags which was sad! Then I took a little nap then me and Jake went to the basilica de Pilar and it’s such an impressive building and so cool! It was during mass on corpus cristi also so that was cool to see then we went up in the tower that was like you could see the whole city and that was awesome! Sad to say bye to the city! Then we met up with everyone and Inma and went and got our last dinner and it was sad!:( but it was fun! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life of a Global Health Intern

San Sebastian

You are the Gift